Insurance Defense and Coverage
Montana is often viewed as a tricky jurisdiction for insurance companies and self-insureds. The attorneys at Axilon Law are experienced in working with insurance companies and their insureds to navigate the intricacies of Montana’s unique claims handling laws and working to get claims resolved efficiently. Our attorneys have many years of experience in a wide array of insurance defense and coverage matters. We keep our insurers and clients updated every step of the way with regular communication, reporting and budgeting.
We can help with all insurance matters, including:
- Defense of underlying claims including those for personal injury, premises liability, construction defect, safe place to work, transportation (auto, trucking, and aviation), products liability, employment practices liability, professional liability and commercial disputes;
- Coverage opinions, and evaluation of issues concerning the duties to defend and indemnify;
- Declaratory judgment claims regarding insurance coverage;
- Navigating demands for advance payment of out-of-pocket medical expenses pursuant to Ridley v. Guaranty Natl. Ins. Co., 951 P.2d 987 (1997);
- Settling claims and securing releases in compliance with Montana’s Unfair Trade Practices Act;
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist issues;
- Issues arising out of misrepresentations made in obtaining insurance;
- Defense of bad faith and Unfair Trade Practices Act claims;
- Claims involving health, life, and long-term care insurance;
- Issues arising with layers of insurance or multiple coverages, including reinsurance and surplus lines; and
- Administrative actions before the Montana Department of Insurance.