- Business and Commercial
- Construction, Condominium, and Real Estate
- Insurance Defense and Coverage
- Professional Liability
- Surrogacy and Reproductive Technology Law
- Same-Sex Family Rights
Susan’s practice emphasizes civil litigation, business and real property matters, surrogacy law, reproductive technology law, and same-sex family rights. She is an experienced litigator in both state and federal court. Susan is recognized as a “Super Lawyer” and rated “AV” for legal ability and ethics by Martindale-Hubbell.
Susan has helped small and large companies with their legal needs for over 25 years. Her clients include construction contractors, property developers, banks, health care clinics, cryobanks, insurance companies, manufacturers, suppliers, retailers, and service providers.
She also has over a decade of experience providing legal services to clients in reproductive arrangements involving a surrogate or donated ova, sperm, or embryos. Please click here for additional information. She is recognized as an authority in Montana on establishing parentage for non-biological parents and has a solid record of obtaining remedies for LGBT spouses, parents, and their children, including groundbreaking Montana Supreme Court decisions. She also has assisted clients who are dissolving their marriage to preserve, value, and divide their assets.
Susan writes and speaks at legal education conferences, is a guest lecturer at the School of Law, and devotes significant time to updating and improving the law. She is a current board member of Friends of Missoula Parks, Inc., and a past board member of Missoula City Parks and Recreation, Blue Mountain Clinic, and Missoula Community School. She has served as a writing coach, on policy committees for Missoula County Public Schools, and as a team manager, assistant coach, or referee for Missoula Strikers Soccer Association. Susan enjoys cycling, mountain biking, and playing ice hockey with friends.
- Judicial Law Clerk, Washington State Court of Appeals, Seattle, Washington
- Assistant Attorney General, State of Washington, Spokane, Washington
- Associate Attorney, Datsopoulos, MacDonald & Lind, P.C., Missoula, Montana
- Solo Practitioner, Missoula, Montana
- Partner, Axilon Law Group, PLLC, Missoula, Montana
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Assisted Reproductive Technologies Groups
- American Academy of Adoption and Reproductive Technology Attorneys
- National LGBT Bar Association, Family Law Institute
- Society for Ethical Egg Donation and Surrogacy (SEEDS)
- State Bar of Montana
- Montana State Courts
- Federal Court, District of Montana and Eastern District of Washington
- Bankruptcy Court, Montana
- Carleton College, University of Montana, B.A. with honors
- University of Montana, J.D. with honors