- Trucking and Transportation
- Products Liability
- Insurance Defense
- Employment and Discrimination Law
- General Civil and Appellate Litigation
Jill is a leader in Axilon’s civil litigation practice. She develops cases from early accident scene investigations through motions practice, trials, and appeals, and is often asked to serve as an independent investigator by entities facing potential claims. She serves a broad range of clients including, trucking companies, manufacturers, retailers, municipalities, ranches, pharmacies and individuals.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Jill was Montana’s Deputy Commissioner of Insurance and Securities where she oversaw Montana regulation of those industries, managed a state agency, and lobbied the legislature. In law school Jill was a member of the trial team and a UM law clinic clerk for U.S. Magistrate Judge Leif Erickson.
Outside of work, Jill can be found running, backpacking and shuttling her daughters around to all kinds of activities. She also continues to be involved in her family’s cattle ranch in Grass Range, Montana.
- All Montana State and Federal Courts
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- “AV” Peer-review rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- “Best Lawyers in America” in Product Liability Litigation – Defense and Commercial Litigation, 2020-present
- Mountain States “Super Lawyer” in Civil Litigation Defense, 2017-present
- Mountain States “Rising Star” in Civil Litigation Defense, 2014-2016
- Member, Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, 2015-present
- Member, Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA), 2020-present
- Member, Montana Judicial Standards Commission, appointed by Montana Supreme Court, 2017-present
- University of Montana School of Law, J.D., High Honors, 2006
- University of Montana, B.A. Political Science, 1997