Transportation and Trucking Litigation
Axilon Law Group PLLC represents truck load carriers, movers of household goods, overnight delivery companies, passenger carriers, and other clients in the transportation industry. We work closely with our clients in defending and minimizing the expense of personal injury and cargo claims. We also represent transportation permit holders before Montana’s Public Service Commission.
With offices throughout the State of Montana, our attorneys can be at the scene of an accident within hours to provide clients with practical legal advice and direction in the investigation of major collisions. Because of our active involvement in the Transportation Practice Group of the ALFA International, we have a wide network of experts and expertise we can utilize on behalf of clients. We have experience working with computer simulation, accident reconstruction techniques, and biomechanical engineers. As members of rapid response or “go” teams, we provide 24/7 services to clients who need assistance determining the facts immediately after a catastrophic accident.
Examples of matters handled include:
- Representation of a trucking company in defense of a multi-truck accident on an interstate highway involving black ice and catastrophic injuries
- Defense of a trucking company with respect to injuries caused when a median barrier was pushed into an on-coming vehicle
- Defense of a moving company in a claim for damage to household goods in which Plaintiffs challenged the property damage limits set forth in the shipping documents.
- Helped to mitigate damages for an overnight delivery company in a clear liability case involving alleged traumatic brain injuries, which included work with experts to establish the effects of prior drug and alcohol use on the Plaintiff’s cognitive abilities.
- Defended a bus company in a combination property damage and contract claim filed by a company that contracted with the bus company to refurbish multiple buses and in which there was severe damage to a repair facility when a fire originated in one of the buses that was being repaired.
- Defended a passenger carrier in a lawsuit filed by an individual who was seriously injured moments after being removed from a bus because of his threatening behavior.
- Defended multiple lawsuits against a company that contracts with schools and government agencies to provide transportation for children and handicapped individuals in multiple lawsuits.
- Defended a major manufacturer of steering gears in various lawsuits filed as a result of truck accidents
- Secured permit from PSC for waste hauler and defended the permit on appeal to the Montana Supreme Court.
- Currently representing applicant for permit to transport passengers to Yellowstone Park against objections from taxi companies.
sound legal advice at a reasonable price.