As the owner of a business, you don’t go to court because you expect to find it profitable; you go to court to preserve your investments and opportunities. Whether you are making or defending a contract claim, trying to collect a debt, protecting the company’s ideas and information, or arguing with the other owners or shareholders over management and control, you want to resolve the dispute without sacrificing the time and energy you need to keep the business successful.
The attorneys at Axilon will take the time to understand your business and its needs, and will devise cost-effective strategies to protect you and your business in court, in arbitration, or in mediation. We assert and defend business claims of all kinds, including breach of contract, bad faith, shareholder rights, breach of fiduciary duty, property rights, easements, landlord-tenant, construction, consumer protection, bankruptcy, collections, employment, non-compete and other restrictive covenants, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, and infringement of trademarks, trade secrets, and copyrights. We can also defend you or your business against criminal charges.
Axilon’s lawyers have:
- Overturned a judgment that invalidated the covenant not to compete in a group medical partnership agreement, saving the partnership over $1 million that had been awarded to 7 former partners.
- Protected a Dominican food processing company, Lacteos Dominicanos, S.A., and a New York export company, Inter-Export, Inc., from a claim for $1.8 million plus punitive damages asserted by a Montana bakery equipment manufacturer.
- Defended successfully a closely-held range management consulting business against claims of trademark and copyright infringement brought by a former partner.
- Obtained a declaratory judgment invalidating an overbroad covenant not to compete and allowing an agronomist to compete against his former employer.
- Arbitrated to a favorable result the division among co-owners of a hunting ranch in southeastern Montana.
- Protected a company from a suit by an architect alleging misappropriation of the design of its headquarters building
- Defended a large sub-prime lender against claims it had failed to pay all amounts it owed to used car dealers under loan assignments
- Pursued federal Wiretap Act, Stored Communications Act, and Computer Fraud & Abuse Act claims on behalf of a Montana employee against a former employer that had accessed his private email
- Unwound the sale of an apartment complex that had an undisclosed termite infestation
- Successfully represented an oil and gas service company on multiple breach of contract claims arising out of contracts for services on oil wells
- Defended the interests of shareholders and owners in ranches and other small and medium-sized businesses
- Defended the developer of sophisticated investment software against claims for fraud and securities violations
- Collected a multi-million dollar arbitration award against a member of an LLC who breached his fiduciary duties to the company
- Represented a manufacturer in a lawsuit against a manufacturer’s representative who breached a non-compete provision
- Defended claims alleging successor liability, alter ego, and piercing the corporate veil, arising from a leak in an underground fuel storage tank
- Collected monies owed to an international oil and gas services company by mineral developers
extraordinary advocates committed to your cause.