Susan G. Ridgeway, Attorney at Law
Susan has over 25 years of experience helping small and large companies with legal matters involving construction, manufacturing, sales, insurance, condominiums, real property, banking, third-party administrators, health care, covenants not to compete, or shareholder liability.
She has over a decade of experience providing legal services to clients in reproductive arrangements involving a surrogate or donated ova, sperm, or embryos. Please click here for additional information. She is recognized as an authority in Montana on establishing parentage for non-biological parents and has a solid record of obtaining remedies for LGBT spouses, parents, and their children, including groundbreaking Montana Supreme Court decisions. She also has assisted clients who are dissolving their marriage to preserve, value, and divide their assets.
Susan writes and speaks at legal education conferences, is a guest lecturer at the School of Law, and devotes significant time to updating and improving the law. She is a current board member of Friends of Missoula Parks, Inc., and a past board member of Missoula City Parks and Recreation, Blue Mountain Clinic, and Missoula Community School. She has served as a writing coach, on policy committees for Missoula County Public Schools, and as a team manager, assistant coach, or referee for Missoula Strikers Soccer Association. Susan enjoys cycling, mountain biking, and playing ice hockey with friends.
- Carleton College, University of Montana, B.A. with honors
- University of Montana, J.D. with honors
- Judicial Law Clerk, Washington State Court of Appeals, Seattle, Washington
- Assistant Attorney General, State of Washington, Spokane, Washington
- Associate Attorney, Datsopoulos, MacDonald & Lind, P.C., Missoula, Montana
- Solo Practitioner, Missoula, Montana
- Partner, Axilon Law Group, PLLC, Missoula, Montana
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Assisted Reproductive Technologies Groups
- American Academy of Adoption and Reproductive Technology Attorneys
- National LGBT Bar Association, Family Law Institute
- Society for Ethical Egg Donation and Surrogacy (SEEDS)
- State Bar of Montana
- Montana State Courts
- Montana Federal Court and Bankruptcy Court
125 Bank Street, Suite 403
Missoula, MT 59802